This post is a quick reference guide for what I recommend people do when someone has gotten into their accounts on various platforms.
When you notice (or someone tells you) that someone else has been doing things with your account like sending people messages here are the steps you should take:
- Change your password immediately.
- Then, do this to kick them out of your account by following this Facebook help article.
- To keep it from happening again, consider following this Facebook help article.
Dealing with Instagram is pretty much the same as Facebook (and may be exactly the same if that’s how you log into it):
- To get them out, change your password immediately.
- To keep it from happening again, consider following this Instagram help article.